Friday, October 21, 2005

why do people keep asking if the critters are for sale?

The travelling circus has moved on.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Just a couplemore shots neededmaybe?
I was thinking of doing an interactive photo album/family tree thing using flash. As well as a physical one??

Today I was back in the city, with the large critters. While at southbank, they got a free photo taken of them, care of HP photo truck/van thing. The guys 'wrangling' for peopleto get their free instant photos thought the critters were great, and were only to happly to oblige in taking their photo, even adjusting the fixed camera. While the printlady inside the van was a bitch, mouthing off about how 'gory and gruesome' they were.
You can't please everyone, but then I never set out to.

3 Comments:

At 11:42 PM, Blogger Cernunnos said...

They're really cool Brittany. Do something in flash, as long as it has a shitload of shape tweens. How are you using these for studio again? I forgot, or maybe I never knew? I don't know. But yeah, where are these guys going after this semester's over?

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Britt said...

For studio I wanted to make something phyusical, not just an animation, so out came these things.
Re-looking at fairytales, predisney when they has blood and gore and had moralsand lifes lessons stuff in them.
So the character 'injuries' come from selected passages from a specific story.
"turn and peep, turn and peep
there's blood in her shoe
a bit cut from off her heel
and a bit from off her toe" -CInderella
etc
So, I kind of crashed and burned a few times, making a contexxt to put them in.

Now, they are a family visiting Melbourne. Tourists that don't really fit in (but as micck said tourists don't ever really fit in)
SO, I'm doing some sort of photo album and maybe other stuff?

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Britt said...

Afterwards:
*My mum like the one with the belly split open, she want to put it on her bed (?)
*I'm keeping the legless one
*Laurne claimed the slashed one
* one armed wonder, is ulgy, so I may try to push it on someone at the presentation.

Really weird, when I was taking photos of them at GPO, this guy came over and was interested in them, what?why?how? price? I said I hadn't thought about selling them. Popped him a mini sewn one and said email me.
He came back, and asked for another for his friend. Then she came out and asked about them. And if I were selling the big ones. Again I said ??
They were from FAT.
Maybe I could press them to sell the critters at their store. But I'd have to do way better sewing, cause they're falling apart as of now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home