Sunday, October 23, 2005

sewing habit, It's hard to escape.

It's a blurry pic i know! A lot of colour definition is, well lacking.
Anyway, the physical version of the photo album.
It's a mix of fabric and paper sewn together. Reminds me a bit of burlesque with the lace and colourings. It's supposed to be a throwback to the fairy tale world: Candy striped background, this kind of in between realities. It's kind of theatrical. Image hosted by Photobucket.com
After some wise words (Thanks Huey) I went off and thought more about the critters themselves. Who are they...good/bad? friend/foe? Did some quick planning, a stack of notes (well a page choc full of key words of things I wanted to incorporate) and started sketching.
...Once I started, things didn't really go as I had outlined. I suddenly wanted fabric everything, but had one transfer left (A shite one too) And so began yet another turn in how it looked. It is brighter/happier, fairytale fantasy, lot's of stripes(More colour and busier, heaps less gloomy) On the cover, the 'family photos' oval is padded quilted (the quilting happened beacuse of a stupid fold that happened when sewing)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I have more to say, but I've got to do draw some dead birds.

2 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Blogger Cernunnos said...

That's pretty sweet Brittany, you're becoming friends with your claw.

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Britt said...

I cannot escape the sewing machine. But we're on good terms at the moment.

The album thing is huge. A good 2-3 inches thick. I've got to do a flash version now...There aren't enough hours in the day. Well, there is, if I don't sleep, yes, no sleep that's it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home